Petrolithium is a new approach that focuses on separating lithium and other valuable minerals from abundantly available wastewater (brine) that accompanies oil and gas (O&G) production.
Long known to contain valuable minerals, wastewater brine is plentiful, yet currently treated as a waste product that is either injected deep underground or stored in giant tanks after it is separated from the oil.
Concentrating lithium and other valuable minerals from brine is faster and more environmentally-friendly than conventional methods such as solar evaporation or hard-rock mining.
- Ability to utilize existing O&G infrastructure
- Cleans brine while separating valuable minerals
- Allows for scalable capital deployment
- Simplifies permitting process
- Eliminates solar evaporation step