Petrolithium is a new approach that focuses on concentrating lithium and other minerals from abundantly available wastewater (brine) that accompanies oil and gas (O&G) production.
Long known to contain minerals, wastewater brine is plentiful, yet currently treated as a waste product that is either injected deep underground or stored in giant tanks after it is separated from oil.
- Ability to utilize existing O&G infrastructure
- Cleans brine while separating valuable minerals
- Allows for scalable capital deployment
- Simplifies permitting process
- Eliminates solar evaporation step